Blog week 21

Hello! Today I will be talking about the week. We did not have school on Monday because it was Presidents’ Day so we had the day off. 

Tuesday: on this day we had a sub (substitute) because the 7th and 8th graders had leadership day and Mr. Chris had to go to be a chaperone. Anyways, we read a “short” story called “The Cat That Walked By Itself” by Rudyard Kipling. This short story was kinda weird. It said the word wild a lot which I don’t understand.

Wednesday: on this day we did math (we do math everyday but I wanna talk about this day specifically). This math is called factors and multiples. An example: what is the least common multiple of 15 and 7? THE ANSWER IS…………. DRUMROLL PLEASE…………….105! For this one you can multiply but for a different one: 6 and 8 e.g. the answer is 24 but if you multiply them it’s 48 so it wouldn’t make any sense to do that.

Thursday:  we did some science. We tested our reflexes by dropping a ruler to see how many centimeters we had, and one time I got 24 and another time I got 8. We did the same thing again but this time we squeezed a tennis ball and then dropped the ruler and we saw how many centimeters we got. One time I got 1 and another time I got 62. It was a fun experiment to do with just 3 people. I think it would be even more interesting and fun if we could do it with one person.